2023 National Convention Volunteer FAQs
- Do I have to be a member of the Elks to volunteer?
- What are the benefits to volunteering?
- The registration for the convention is free! A savings of $60.
- You will get a coupon for a 50% discount off of a single item of merchandise at the Minnesota Merchandise Booth once you have worked one shift.
- You can meet wonderful Elks from across the country either at the business sessions or the many hospitality suites hosted by states at the various hotels.
- You can attend the seminars and learn about the Elks and our many programs.
- Am I responsible for finding and paying for my own lodging?
If you are coming from another state, please contact the housing chair from your state to get the appropriate hotel information.
- When will I be notified that I have been selected as a volunteer?
- How long are the shifts?
- Do the volunteer positions requiring standing? Are there any shifts that allow me to sit?
- How many shifts do I have to sign up for?
- Will there be a volunteer uniform? Will I have to pay for it?
- Is there a Dress Code?
Men: Please wear shirts with a collar and long pants.
Women: Please wear appropriate shirts (no tees), capris pants, long pants or skirts.
All: No cut off shirts. No shorts. No flip flops. Jeans can only be worn in the Exhibit Hall. No torn or frayed jeans. No hats.
We encourage you to “Get Your Plaid On!” by getting creative and personalizing your outfit with plaid accessories and clothing (e.g. bow ties, ties, socks, shirts).
- How do I find out details such as specific activities within a particular volunteer role?
- Do I have to know the Ritual to be a volunteer for that group?