Community Investment Programs
The Elks National Foundation (ENF) offers Lodges grant monies to be used to help those in the community. Minnesota Lodges have one of the highest rates of grant utilization from across the country. Below are a few highlights of how ENF and our local lodges meet the needs of or communities.
- Hutchinson Lodge #2427: Used an Impact Grant to build an inclusive park to provide fun for kids of all ages and all abilities
- Winona Lodge #327: Implemented a community garden to help those with developmental disabilities learn healthy eating habits and provide fresh produce throughout the summer.
- Red Wing Lodge #845: Holds a youth bike rodeo each spring to teach kids bike safety and provide new bikes for those in need using a Gratitude Grant
- Brainerd Lodge #615: Hosts hot meals weekly for local veterans and their families while enrolled in the local community college.
- Eveleth Lodge #1161: Provides supplemental weekend food backpacks to local kids in need
- Stillwater Lodge #179: Provided hot meals for Thanksgiving and Christmas to veterans and their families using a Freedom Grant
- Hopkins Lodge #2221: Provided thermal underwear, gloves, socks, snacks, hygiene and more to homeless veterans living on the street using a Spotlight Grant